Open Houses for Public Review of Pronghorn Antelope and Elk Hunt Recommendations
Nov. 21, 2014
Hunt recommendations are posted at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines
The Arizona Game and Fish Department will host six regional open houses beginning Nov. 25, making available for public review the proposed pronghorn antelope, elk, and population management hunt recommendations.
Each year the department makes recommendations to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission regarding the management of game species, which establish the seasons, dates, bag limits, open areas, and hunt permit-tag allocations based on the framework of the hunt guidelines set by the commission every two years. The proposed hunt recommendations (commission orders) are posted at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.
The proposed hunt recommendations will also be available for public review at open houses scheduled at Game and Fish regional offices on the following dates:
- Tuesday, November 25, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Pinetop regional office, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
- Monday, December 1, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Yuma regional office, 9140 E. 28th Street
- Monday, December 1, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Tucson regional office, 555 N. Greasewood Road
- Tuesday, December 2, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Kingman regional office, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road
- Wednesday, December 3, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Flagstaff regional office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road
- Wednesday, December 3, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Mesa regional office, 7200 E. University Drive
No formal presentations will be made during the open houses. However, a knowledgeable staff person will be available to discuss regional hunt recommendations.
The final pronghorn antelope, elk, and population management hunt recommendations will be presented to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission for consideration during its Saturday, Dec. 6 meeting in Phoenix at the Game and Fish headquarters at 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix (1.5 miles west of I-17). The agenda will be posted at www.azgfd.gov/commission under commission agenda.
To view the proposed hunt recommendations or to learn more about the hunt recommendations and hunt guidelines processes, visit www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.
Did you know?
Arizona hunting and fishing licenses are a great value. You can get combination hunting and fishing licenses for a family of four for less than the price of one night in a motel. Great Outdoors, Great Value! www.azgfd.gov/eservices/licenses_newFees.shtml