The Predator and Varmint Hunter’s Guidebook by Patrick Meitin
The Predator and Varmint Hunter’s Guidebook
by Patrick Meitin
Patrick Meitin’s newest book, “The Predator and Varmint Hunter’s Guidebook,” is a culmination of a lifetime of obsessive predator hunting and small-varmint shooting. In it you will find in-depth information on available target species and where they are found, pro-predator calling tips, varmint rifles, cartridges, handloading to needs, long-range shooting and much more. The 271-page, full-color book is available through krausebooks.com, Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Tactics, skills and gear for successful predator and varmint hunting!
If you are interested at all in predator and varmint hunting–whether it’s your first season or your 50th season–this is the book you need!
Predators and varmints offer many fun and affordable ways to enjoy the shooting sports with almost year-round hunting opportunities. In an age of escalating costs and difficult access to quality big-game licenses and hunting properties, predator and varmint hunting keeps hunters and shooters engaged in their favorite pastimes. From small ground squirrels and prairie dogs to freezer-filling wild hogs and potentially lucrative coyotes and bobcats, nowhere else can the firearms enthusiast receive so much shooting opportunity.
The Guidebook will teach you about the many different varmints and predators available to hunt around the country, in addition to the best tactics, rifles, handguns, optics, ammunition and more, to employ for hunting success.
- Overview of the many species of varmints and predators in North America
- Proven hunting and shooting tactics for the most popular species
- Long-range shooting tips and tactics
- Insights into the rifles, handguns, gear and optics used by top predator and varmint hunters, including suppressors and airguns
- In-depth discussion of the best cartridges for predator and varmint hunting
- Expert advice on handloading many popular cartridges
- Equipment directory featuring the latest hunting and shooting gear
Wes White represents the collective — yet individual — voice of the Western Whitetail editorial staff.